The Academic Enrichment Fund supports workshops, graduate courses, seminars, exhibitions and academic conferences that enhance the graduate educational experience at UT Austin.
The application process for the 2021 - 2022 Academic Enrichment Fund will open on June 1, 2021.
All faculty members are eligible to apply. However, only individuals and organizations who have not yet received funds will be considered during the first submission cycle.
Some funds are designated for the following activities:
- Hosting scholars affiliated with an academic institution in Great Britain
- Exchanging faculty members and business leaders between the University and Monterrey, Mexico for research and lectures
Funds are primarily awarded to cover travel, accommodations and honoraria for guest speakers. Funds will not be awarded for receptions, group meals, equipment, room rentals or services such as parking and printing. Funds are not available for student or faculty conference travel.
Preference is given to programs and activities that have additional sources of funding, or matching funds—rarely will the program fund the full cost of a program.
This is not a cash award, and expenditures must follow standard university procedures and policies. Non-expended funds will revert back to the Graduate School and cannot be used toward programs or expenditures not approved in the award notification letter.
Funds awarded must be used within the 2021 - 2022 academic year.
All applications must be submitted through the Graduate School Awards portal by June 30, 2021.
Application materials should include:
- Contact information.
- A brief description of the academic program or activity.
- Estimated cost with a detailed budget, which should include all other sources of funding.
- A clear request for a specific dollar amount.
- A brief statement describing how this activity or program will benefit graduate students at The University of Texas at Austin.