The Academic Enrichment Fund supports workshops, graduate courses, seminars, exhibitions and academic conferences that enhance the graduate educational experience at UT Austin.
Funds are more limited this year than in the past. The Graduate School will prioritize individuals and groups who have not received Academic Enrichment Funds previously.
The deadline for new applicants is May 31, 2019.
Current graduate students, registered graduate student organizations and faculty members are eligible to apply. However, only individuals and organizations who have not yet received funds will be considered during the first submission cycle.
Most funds are available to all members of the graduate community.
However, some funds are designated for the following activities:
- Hosting scholars affiliated with an academic institution in Great Britain
- Exchanging faculty members and business leaders between the University and Monterrey, Mexico for research and lectures
Funds are primarily awarded to cover travel, accommodations and honoraria for guest speakers. Funds will not be awarded for receptions, group meals, equipment, room rentals or services such as parking and printing. Funds are not available for student or faculty conference travel.
Preference is given to programs and activities that have additional sources of funding, or matching funds—rarely will the program fund the full cost of a program.
This is not a cash award, and expenditures must follow standard university procedures and policies. Non-expended funds will revert back to the Graduate School and cannot be used toward programs or expenditures not approved in the award notification letter.
All application materials must be emailed to UT Box by May 31, 2019, to receive full consideration.
Application materials should include:
- Contact information.
- A brief description of the academic program or activity.
- Estimated cost with a detailed budget, which should include all other sources of funding.
- A clear request for a specific dollar amount.
- A brief statement describing how this activity or program will benefit graduate students at The University of Texas at Austin.
Please combine all materials into one document and use the file naming convention 19_[RequesterLastName]_AEF for your file.