Get ready for orientation and classes by completing these steps. Take note—more than a few of them are required to access university technology. Please check with your Graduate Coordinator to see if your department requires anything additional.
- Set up Duo Authentication
- Specify a UTMail Account
- Check Your Email Address
- Set Up UTexas Zoom Account
- Review Orientation Schedule Information
- UT EID Upgrades and Student IDs
Additional information for:
In an effort to increase security, multi-factor authentication (Duo) will be required to access most online services that require a UT EID login.
Steps to Set Up DUO
- Once downloaded, click on bit.ly/utduo link.
- Log in using your UT EID and password.
- Follow the instructions to register your device.
- Download the Duo Mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to your device.
- When asked to pair your device using the Duo Mobile app, you can use either a QR code or code, both are provided during the registration process.
After DUO is set up, you will have access to Zoom as well as other UT online services.
UTMail is a branded G Suite service that provides eligible members of the University of Texas at Austin community with a University-affiliated @utexas.edu email address. Click here to get a UT email account.
You will be receiving lots of emails from the university, so check to make sure the email address you have listed is still the correct one. You should update your email address to one you will have access to throughout the summer. Follow the steps below:
- Go to my.utexas.edu
- On the left-hand side, click on 'PERSONAL INFO'
- From the drop-down menu, click 'My Addresses'
- In the section labeled 'Student Records - Email Address', change email here
- Once new email is entered, click on 'Update This Address' in this section.
You will need an official UTexas Zoom account to complete orientation. Follow this link to set up Zoom on your mobile device or computer.
Some students experience trouble when trying to create their UTZoom account. If you have a personal account in Zoom, it automatically logs you into your personal account. If you encounter this, then you will need to click on your profile in Zoom, scroll down under the "Options" and select "Switch Account" to successfully set your UTZoom.
General schedule information for your session is available on the Schedule webpage. Download the UT Orientation app, to view complete schedule information for your orientation session.
Once you download the app, you will need to download the guide for the New Graduate Student Orientation.
Obtaining a student ID card or upgrading your UT EID are done through the UT ID Center. Due to COVID-19, the ID Center has revised their processes. If you are a graduate student admitted by May 15, your EID will be automatically upgraded on May 16. If your admission is completed between May 16 and June 2, your EID will be upgraded the day after it is recorded. All automatic upgrades will be valid through Sept. 26, 2020.
This will not impact your ability to register for classes.
Students may obtain their ID card when the campus resumes normal onsite operations. For information regarding EID upgrades after Sept. 26, 2020 or student ID information, please visit: https://sites.utexas.edu/css/idcenter/.
If you have a disability and need accommodations, you will indicate that when you register for orientation. You may indicate the need for the following accommodations:
- Interpreting or captioning services
- Accessible copies of orientation materials